Monday, September 24, 2012

The Calvary Road

One of the most challenging books I've ever read in my Christian walk.

Its about being completely broken before God so He can fill us with His Holy Spirit to overflowing.

I look at my own life and see the lack of brokenness. I look at the church and see a group of people that want attention for themselves or to show that they are soo spiritual. Or that they are "under grace" and can do what they want. I see a lack of regard for God that makes me sad.

The reason that we need to be broken and empty of ourselves is so that the Lord can fill us to overflowing with His spirit. Where there is self there cannot be God.

I want to be so filled with Gods Holy Spirit that I don't even notice the problems in the church anymore. I want to be in a place where I completely trust God to deal with the situation. I know there's a place for critique and criticism, but I *know* God is not calling me to this. I know He is calling me to a place of brokenness that is discussed in this book.

He has called me to walk this road alone to live a life of worship to Him. I can't think of a higher calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment