Monday, September 10, 2012

Women over 40 in the church

I often get the feeling that no one really cares that much about us. It seems that most of the church is so focused on youth. I'm not really sure why that is.

Yes, youth are the future of the church but older people have spiritual needs too. I think its just a natural bias that most people have about someone that is older. I posted a prayer request on a website, I indicated my age and that I needed prayer for my walk with the lord. There is a spot where people can indicate that they prayed for you. I was prayed for twice. A young mother that posted her request 1 day earlier looking for fellowship at the church was prayed for 10 times.

I guess the church really isn't much different from the world in many ways. Its another great argument for not looking at Christians and keeping your eyes on Jesus.

Its also a good argument for giving where you see a need, rather than giving to a church and trusting their benevolent fund. I plan to give to Christians directly for the most part from now on and giving to small ministries that really need the support.

I watch some ministries videos online and I feel that I should offer some support there because I benefit, but it's going to be nominal.


No comments:

Post a Comment