Saturday, June 8, 2013

Jesus can and will use us just as we are

Sometimes I think theres a somewhat hidden notion in the Christian world that God will only use certain people... that you have to look or act a certain way in order for God to be able to do things through you. This is such a lie of satan.

I'm not quick to attribute problems to satan. In fact, its rare when I point out that I believe something  is influenced by satan because theres no way that we can KNOW this, but I believe that satan wants people to doubt that God can use them.

Its the biggest lie in Christianity that we need to focus on ourselves... yes we need to examine ourselves but generally we must take our eyes off of ourselves and laser focus on Jesus. I firmly believe that when we are praying and are in Gods word, then we will be walking in the spirit. When we walk in love and walk in the spirit, God can definitely use us.

Too often we focus on ourselves in the sense that we think the world will accept us or not....how cool we are or how attractive we may or may not be in the worlds eyes. God cares about none of this and often when we dig deeper, we can see that man doesnt really either. Most people are searching for a deeper meaning to life, and I believe that when people stop doing this its because it has become too painful for them.

I want to reflect Christ, not myself or my own emotions about things. God please use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment